The International Diploma is recognised and reliable and has approximately
3,000 learners who have achieved the qualification since its introduction. The
NEBOSH International Diploma is the qualification for aspiring health and safety
professionals, building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by
the NEBOSH International General Certificate. It is designed to provide learners
with the knowledge and understanding required for undertaking a career as a
health and safety professional and it also provides a sound basis for progression
to postgraduate study.
The qualification deliberately looks at general workplace issues so that is can be
applied in the many different sectors in which health and safety professionals
Outcomes of NEBOSH IDip course are as follows:
• The learner will be able to understand the role of health and safety legislation,
the purpose and principles of enforcement actions and the role of the
United Nations’ International Labour Organization and other nongovernmental bodies.
• The learner will be able to use different types of health and safety
leadership approaches and be able to influence health and safety issues at
• The learner upon the completion of course will be able to influence
organisational and health and safety workplace culture.
• The learner will be able to proactively manage health and safety, taking
account of human failures and factors.
• The learner will also be able to Manage health and safety competence (both
their own and that of the organisation).
• The learner will be in a state to use a range of hazard identification, risk
management and loss causation techniques.
• The learner can monitor health and safety performance upon completion of the
• Upon the completion of IDip course the learner will be able to develop their role as a
health and safety professional including understanding how it links with
Corporate Social Responsibility.
• The learner can Effectively manage organisational change and manage
contractors and supply chains.
• The learner can control a range of workplace health, workplace safety issues
and wellbeing issues.
To summarise, the syllabus has been developed by NEBOSH following extensive
consultation with key stakeholders, notably previous Diploma learners, Learning
Partners, subject experts and employers. NEBOSH also recommends that learners
undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English
equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of
7.0 or higher in order to be accepted onto an International Diploma programme.
Get a certification from Hitech Safety Institute, a NEBOSH certified institute in